Garmin Overland TREAD
We consider the Garmin Overlander one of the most critical pieces of gear you can get for any adventure into remote areas. With detailed maps, camping locations, rout planning and most importantly, satellite communications, this is a tool and a rescue device.
- Rugged, weather-resistant (IP67; Dust tight. Withstands ingress of dust with vacuum applied. Withstands incidental exposure to water of up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes.) all-terrain navigator with an 8” ultrabright display; includes locking magnet-assisted mount for securing in your rig
- Turn-by-turn trail navigation for unpaved roads and trails using adventure roads and trails map content (Limitations may exist in map data for some road and trail route suggestions. Always defer to all posted road signs and conditions during vehicle operation. The Garmin OpenStreetMap products are intended to be used only as a supplementary travel aid and must not be used for any purpose requiring precise measurement of direction, distance, location or topography.)
- Comprised of OSM, and USFS Motor Vehicle Use Maps; City Navigator road maps for custom street routing takes into account the size and weight of your rig. (Not available in all areas. Entering your vehicle’s profile characteristics does not guarantee your vehicle’s characteristics will be accounted for in all route suggestions. Always defer to all posted road signs and road conditions.)
- Preloaded topographic maps with 3D terrain of North and South America, U.S. public and private landowner information and subscription-free BirdsEye Satellite Imagery via direct-to-device download
- Built-in inReach technology offers global satellite communication, two-way text messaging, location sharing and interactive SOS. (Requires an active subscription. Some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit the use of satellite communications devices.)
- Preloaded with iOverlander points of interest and Ultimate Public Campgrounds, so you don’t need a cell signal to route to the best-established, wild and dispersed campsites
- Pair with the Tread app on your compatible smartphone to track friends using the Group Ride Mobile feature, sync your trip data across all your devices, and plan routes with the same maps, vehicle profiles and route preferences that you have on the Tread device. (Tracking via Group Ride Mobile requires the Tread app running on your and each friend’s compatible smartphone with BLUETOOTH technology and an active cellular connection.)
- Built-in altimeter, barometer, compass, and pitch and roll gauges help you navigate challenging terrain
- Works with other Garmin off-road products, including the Group Ride Radio for group tracking and communication plus the Garmin PowerSwitch digital switch box (each sold separately). (Group tracking is available for riders using a Tread navigator, and only riders with a Tread navigator may be tracked. Connection to vehicle power is required for group tracking and push-to-talk mic functionality.)
Trail Tested Gear
Owl offers a highly curated selection based on what we use. Our gear is trusted by the world's top van builders.
We're Here For You
Call us at 866-695-8267 if you have questions. No call centers - our install experts talk with you.
Made in The USA
Owl Vans are engineered for off-road, and hand welded in Arizona. No one beats our quality. Period.
We want all customers to be happy with their purchases but in the event of a canceled order, we cannot recoup the fees charged to us by the credit card companies. When an order is placed, the credit card company takes a percentage of the sale, typically 5%-6% This is money that DOES NOT go to us and we do not get this charge given back to us when we refund an order. Therefore, if someone buys a suspension and then cancels, we pay the credit card company several hundreds of dollars that we cannot get back. Although you may not have noticed, it is industry standard for larger dollar items to have a "restocking fee" of 15% or more. We do our best to charge exactly what we get charged by the credit card company when you cancel an order. In the event of a canceled order, the 5%-6% that the credit card company charges us cannot be refunded. Please make note of this before you order.
• All canceled orders over $1000 paid with a "Credit Card" will have a 5% credit card processing fee that cannot be returned.
• All canceled orders over $1000 paid with a "Shop Pay Installments" will have a 6% credit card processing fee that cannot be returned.
California Prop 65
WARNING: Some of the products listed contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. None of our products are intended to be used in conjunction with clean drinking water unless stated otherwise. For more info please visit www.p65warnings.ca.gov.