This is one of the simplest and coolest ways to add Maxtrax or other traction boards to the side of your vehicle. These mounts use neodymium magnets that are guaranteed to stay attached to the van in even the roughest terrain. A soft coating on the magnet keeps your paint safe.
Advantage of Magnetic Mounts - For anyone who has spent time in the snow or sand, the value of traction boards is clear. While they can be a critical piece of your offroad gear, you don't need them all the time. Therefore a magnetic mount that allows you to easily add to or remove the boards from your van is perfect.
Security - Although the point of these mounts are to be easily removed, others will not know they are magnets and assume they are permanently mounted. If additional security is required, you can run a cable to a tire carrier etc.
- Works on any vehicle that is steel with a flat (ish) surface
- Includes 4 neodymium magnets with 110lbs of holding force, for a total of 440lbs
- Will not fall off on the road, at highway speeds or on rough terrain
- Fits two traction boards (sold separately)
- Includes soft durable coating on the magnets to protect the van
- We have tested fitment with Maxtrax, and Action Tracks. It may fit other manufacturers as well.
- Always ensure all magnets have full contact on the metal surface
- Made in Switzerland by Tactic Vans
Lead Time - 2 weeks
Please note - Although the magnets are soft coated, always ensure the paint is clean before mounting the magnets. If there is dirt between the magnets and the van, it could cause minor paint damage
TRAIL TESTED GEAR
Owl offers a highly curated selection based on what we use. Our gear is trusted by the world's top van builders.
WE'RE HERE FOR YOU
Call us at 866-695-8267 if you have questions. No call centers - our install experts talk with you.
MADE IN THE USA
Owl products are engineered for off-road, and hand welded in Arizona. No one beats our quality. Period.
We want all customers to be happy with their purchases but in the event of a canceled order, we cannot recoup the fees charged to us by the credit card companies. When an order is placed, the credit card company takes a percentage of the sale, typically 5%-6% This is money that DOES NOT go to us and we do not get this charge given back to us when we refund an order. Therefore, if someone buys a suspension and then cancels, we pay the credit card company several hundreds of dollars that we cannot get back. Although you may not have noticed, it is industry standard for larger dollar items to have a "restocking fee" of 15% or more. We do our best to charge exactly what we get charged by the credit card company when you cancel an order. In the event of a canceled order, the 5%-6% that the credit card company charges us cannot be refunded. Please make note of this before you order.
• All canceled orders over $1000 paid with a "Credit Card" will have a 5% credit card processing fee that cannot be returned.
• All canceled orders over $1000 paid with a "Shop Pay Installments" will have a 6% credit card processing fee that cannot be returned.
California Prop 65
WARNING: Some of the products listed contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. None of our products are intended to be used in conjunction with clean drinking water unless stated otherwise. For more info please visit www.p65warnings.ca.gov.